Thursday, November 14, 2013

Disappointment: Receiving the gift

    

Last  night I surprised myself.  I had hoped to be chosen to receive a scholarship for the Slim, Chic, and Savvy Immersion Program, "a French approach to weightloss and joie de vivre" --inspired and led by one of my favorite "teachers", Tonya Leigh.  Although I realized that I am far from technically savvy, and messed up not only my attempts at writing my very first blog post to submit to her, and at figuring out how to set up a Twitter account as well -- I still had my hopes WAY up that I might be chosen to participate in this program.  When I was not chosen, I was flooded with disappointment.  But, today, I am struck by the fact that this sadness -- this discouragement, is truly a gift with a message.

Over the next few days, instead of trying to drown my sadness with sugar, or some other unhelpful and life-draining distraction, I will sit with disappointment and let her teach me to honor the voice of my heart, and to listen to her deepest needs. 

My palms outstretched, I receive the gift.

~Elizabeth

PS:  Check out www.tonyaleigh.com .  If you are unfamiliar with her, and her writings, you're in for a real treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment